08 May 2011

Role Playing In The Kitchen ( Spaghetti Bolognese )



Okay, this might sound weird to some, but I love 'role playing' when I'm in the kitchen :-P It's just sooooo much fun when I can be a hawker stall cook one day & cook up fried kuey teow in my wok...Or be a cafe owner another day & whip up tonnes of goodies like cupcakes, or even a creme brulee. There was a time when I was even a pastry chef & made flaky beef pies :-)

I was in a mood for one of my 'role play' the other day & this time it was as an Italian Chef :-P Ha..ha...It must be due to watching too much cooking programs shown on TV! Anyway, I cooked up my version of Spaghetti Bolognese & even shared my excitement over it in my Facebook *blush* A few followers requested for the recipe & walaaa! here it is ;-)


SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE
Printable Recipe

THE INGREDIENTS

  • 4 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped finely
  • 1 medium bulb garlic, chopped finely
  • 400g minced beef
  • 410g can tomatoes
  • 220g tomato puree
  • 1/2 cup ( 125ml ) water
  • 1/4 cup ( 60ml ) beef stock
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
  • 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
  • Salt & crushed black pepper
  • 1 pack spaghetti

COOKING INSTRUCTION

1. Heat oil in large pot/saucepan. Add in onion & garlic and cook over medium heat until onion is soft.


2. Add minced beef to pot & stir constantly over high heat until meat is well browned.


3. Add undrained tomatoes, tomato puree, water, beef stock & sugar. Crush the tomatoes using potato masher. Bring to a boil.



4. Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce heat. Add in salt & crushed black pepper to taste. Simmer sauce, covered, about 30 minutes or until minced beef is tender and mixture thickened slightly. Add in herbs & stir through.


5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender ( I usually add in some olive oil & salt into the boiling water ). Drain the pasta.

6. Serve the pasta with the sauce spooned over it. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese @ cheese powder if you wish.



FOR VARIETIES

* Add sliced button mushroom @ diced capsicum after crushing the tomatoes in Step 3

* For extra zing of hotness, sprinkle chili flakes on sauce when serving ;-)

Spaghetti Bolognese


Well, I'm off for another 'role playing' now :-P Think I'll be a deli owner next & create a sandwich ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment/s Are Truly Appreciated :-) Thanks For Writing In. Much Love To You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails