07 June 2011

Cooking Itch

Wow! It had definitely been a hectic week for me :-P Too hectic to even prepare a home cooked meal, not even to fry an egg or cook instant noodles! That's how busy life was for me lately...Been wishing I have more than 24hours a day :-P Even then, I doubt that I can get everything done *sigh*

For the last few days ( or was it weeks? ) I've sort of put my cooking session on 'pause mode'. So many errands to run, orders to fulfill, appointments, yada....yada...Yet, as hectic as I was, I just couldn't ignore the 'cooking itch' that has been bugging me mostly everyday :-P I just need ( yup, NEED with capital letters! ) to whip up something, anything. Seriously, when my baking/cooking bug hits me, it really hit me bad! 

I was sooooo in the mood to cook something local...I'm not sure why the sudden itch for local dishes, as honestly, local dishes aren't really my forte *blush* Just ask my family & friends. I'm sure they'll agree...Ha! Ha!

After much deliberation ( with myself! ) on which local dish I wish to cook, I decided on Nasi Lemak with Sambal Udang Petai...Just feel like eating something spicy :-P To those wondering what this dishes are, Nasi Lemak is actually rice cooked in coconut milk, which is usually served with other accompaniments, such like Beef Rendang, fried chicken and more. Sambal Udang Petai is a local dish where prawns ( udang ) are cooked in chili paste & mixed with stinky beans ( petai ).

Okay..okay...Less babbling & get straight to the photos, rite? :-P

Nasi Lemak ( Rice Cooked In Coconut Milk ) & It's Accompaniments

The Accompaniments ( From Left To Right ) - Hard Boiled Egg, Cucumber,
Blanched Kangkung ( Water Convolvulus ) & Sambal Udang Petai ( Chili Prawns With Stinky Beans )

A Spicy Dish Indeed - Chili Prawns With Stinky Beans

I Think Andrew Zimmern Of Bizarre Foods ( TV Show )
Should Really Give These Stinky Beans A Try :-P

Ohhh! I unintentionally cooked quite a large quantity of rice ( enough to serve 6 person I think! ) & was cursing myself what a waste it's gonna be :-( My worry was short lived as to my surprise & delight, my honey bunny finished everything! It's just so great seeing others enjoy what you've cooked & it sure felt great seeing my honey bunny enjoying his meals :-P

Verdict for this dishes, think I'll say 'mission accomplished'! *patting myself on the back* ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment/s Are Truly Appreciated :-) Thanks For Writing In. Much Love To You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails