11 December 2011

It's All In The Wrist

Hurmmm...Ever had a bad day? You know, when everything just don't go the way you wanted it? When even the simplest of tasks turns out to be a pain-in-the-*toot* ( minding my language here ) ;-)

Honestly, giving my best when making my goodies is what I live by...It has always been a belief of mine that my goodies is an extension of myself, thus with each order, I'll definitely strive for the best :-) Yet at times, as much as I hate to admit it, I do have my 'off moments' :-P You know when sometimes things just won't go your way, no matter how hard you tried...I hate it when that happens ( really hate it! ) :-( 

One such moment is when I'm icing this cake, which was ordered by dear Ms. Haireen from Puchong...I could say that I usually make a pretty decent job in producing a smooth looking cake but somehow this time, my wrist sort of have a mind of it's own & choose to show a 'tantrum' instead :-( No matter how I tried and after so many attempts to make it right with the icing, I just can't get it done smoothly. You should really see the frustration look on my face! I actually cried! :'(

True, any cake baker/decorator would say that it's quite normal to have an 'off moment'...Hhmmm, a fact that I'm still not okay with :-P Yes, I was totally having a major 'off moment' that day, even snapping decent photos was a huge struggle :-( I had trouble looking for a good photo to post here as most of the photos I snapped didn't turn out well ( it was THAT bad! )...Here are some of the decent photos I managed to salvage :-P

Red Velvet Cake With Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting



Truthfully, even after all these time, I'm still a bit sore over the outcome of the icing of this cake...Yup! I can really be hard on myself :-P

To dear Haireen, many thanks for your order...My sincere apology for the 'not-so-perfect-looking' cake *guilty* I do hope that the taste made up for it's look ;-) *blush* I'll definitely do a better job the next time around...And yes, you'll get a further discount for your next order as well ;-) My way of saying "I'm soooooooooooo very sorry"....

I'm praying for a much better moments & good days ahead - for myself & for the rest of you out there...Amin :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment/s Are Truly Appreciated :-) Thanks For Writing In. Much Love To You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails