13 April 2015

Challenging Myself

Being somewhat of a self taught cake maker, I have to admit that I still lack lots of cake skills & knowledge *blush* Hence why each time I receive some special project cake requests, I couldn't help but to cringe & head to the nearest cupboard to hide myself! Ha...ha...ha...Yes, that's how much of a scaredy cat I am about making fancy cakes :-P I mean, I'm still okay with creating simple cakes but fancy cakes are not really my specialty as I feel I still have loads to learn before I'm good enough to create such cakes.

Imagine then my reaction when dear Ms. CKN called me up requesting for a Canon EOS 7D cake! Yup, I literally whimpered with fright! *chuckles* I have to admit that this is not the first time CKN dropped me a bomb with her fancy cake requests. She did in the past requested a few fancy cakes such like her dinosaur & her Princess Ariel theme cakes but this camera cake is by far the 'fanciest' one she ever requested! I initially wasn't too sure about accepting her order as I honestly feel that I won't be able to pull it off! But just as her previous orders, CKN urges me on to just give it a try & gave me her 101% support. She even told me that she'll accept whatever the outcome of the cake will be, just as long as I give it a go & push myself to at least try making it! How great is she?!! My goodies lovers are simply the best! They are indeed the wind beneath my wings! 

After some sleepless night ( out of fear! ) & a few insecure moments, I finally finished CKN's camera cake...This is the end result of it :-P

CKN's Birthday Gift For Her Beloved Hubby :-)

To my dear CKN, there are just no words to describe how much I value your support & friendship. You've always believed in me & my cake journey. My sincerest thank YOU to you my dear. Hugs!

To my goodies lovers, here's one thing I learn from this experience of mine...No matter how insecure you feel, never let your insecurities hold you down. Just tell yourself to 'Just Do It'! It doesn't matter how bad the outcome might be, the important thing is that at least you've tried :-) And from there on wards, you can always improve yourself :-) That's what I did ;-) My cakes might not be the prettiest or perfect but at least I've tried...and that's the best gift I can ever give myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment/s Are Truly Appreciated :-) Thanks For Writing In. Much Love To You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails